Creating or redesigning a new website for your company is stressful! You want it to be perfect and you want it to truly display what your business is so here are 13 things to check before launching your website
We often come across clients who are quite relaxed throughout the web design and development process until the very end when it clicks that this is real and this is going to be public very soon. When this time comes they start to panic, second guess previous decisions they made, etc. And you can’t blame them, it’s so easy to overlook the small details like a broken link or a misspelled word.
When it’s time for your website to launch, make sure you go over each page and are able to check off everything on the list below. This is something that we already do before launch (plus much more), but having another set of eyes on it is always helpful.
Let’s get to the list!
- Proofread EVERYTHING. Check for both grammar and spelling.
- Contact information is accurate and consistent throughout website.
- Any and all forms lead to the right email address.
- Thank you message appears after submitting a form.
- Entire website is compatible across main browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari).
- Entire website is compatible across mobile and tablet devices. This means checking each page from top to bottom.
- All links lead to the proper page including any social media pages. This also includes the company logo leading to the homepage.
- Copyright date in the footer.
- Any generic content has been removed.
- Headings, fonts, colors, etc. are consistent throughout the entire website.
- Any third-party tools needed are integrated.
- All company taglines and mission statements are up to date.
- Google Analytics has been synced.
Having this list makes the what-ifs disappear and make you feel much more comfortable with the launch of your new website. Alleviate some of your stress by following the list and double-checking with us and see our services!
Here is further information on what your checklist should also include – https://www.searchenginejournal.com/how-to-launch-new-website/269703/#close